People are getting more conscious about medical marijuana benefits. They are trying new ways to consume it. Smoking marijuana is fading fast because it leads to inhaling toxic chemicals. There are healthy ways of ingesting marijuana.
The most common and preferable alternative is CBD oil. It is a supplement formulated from hemp-based CBD extract. Using it, you can gain relief from CBDs healing potential without any psychoactive effects. It is the THC that is responsible for the high or euphoric effects associated with cannabis.
Nevertheless, CBD oil users find their taste unpleasant. The taste is bitter with a little earthy flavor. As there is a variety of CBD products available, it is essential to understand the taste. The taste of CBD vape cartridge differs.
It depends on the carrier oil mixed. For example, if you choose olive oil as a carrier, then the taste will be defined as piney, earthy, grassy, or peaty. On justcbdstore.com, you will come across full-spectrum CBD oil that retains the necessary flavonoids and terpenes. It is known as ‘organic flavor’. On the other hand, CBD isolates are less distinct. If natural flavorings get mixed, the enhanced taste can compromise the entourage effect.
Three forms of Cannabidiol extracts and their flavors
- Isolate CBD – It tastes bitter and has no earthy taste.
- Broad-spectrum CBD – The taste is a little different than the full-spectrum CBD, as the only THC gets removed.
- Full-spectrum CBD – The whole plant is used to extract full-spectrum CBD oil. It includes the overall medley of cannabinoid, terpenes, and other oils. It has the strongest taste.
Some tastes to avoid in CBD oil
- Sweeteners – CBD tinctures include sweetener to disguise the hemp taste. Adding needless sugar is not good, but adding peppermint oil is better.
- Flavorings – It is fine to use natural flavorings, but artificial flavoring agents can contaminate the CBD oil.
- Dyes – Food dyes are not a good addition to CBD products, why change its natural color.
- Contaminants – The majority of cheap CBD oil taste odd, which indicates risky contaminants. Make sure to choose a product with a lab test for quality assurance.
The CBD oil extracted must taste earthy with traces of walnut and sunflower seed. It must taste fresh, pure, and inviting. CBD is milder than THC inhalation. If the CBD oil tastes extremely bitter, it means there is plenty of Chlorophyll. It is also a sign that a poor extraction method was used.
Hemp seed oil versus CBD hemp oil
During the flowering stage, the cannabis Sativa gets stimulated to produce CBD or seeds. The oil extracted from seeds of the hemp plant has profound nutritional value. However, they are not rich in terpenes or CBD, which makes smoking or vaping hemp seed oil impractical.
CBD hemp oil gets extracted from the flowers that include plenty of cannabinoids and terpenes. Therefore, CBD hemp oil has a high cannabidiol level.
Even though the taste of both hemp seed oil and CBD hemp oil seems similar, aficionados can define the difference. The first is cherished for its nutritional value, whereas the latter is great for medical qualities. Therefore, cooking with either of the ingredients will need familiarity with its taste profiles and benefits.